Timberline Rock N’ Roll was founded in 2019 by Tim Emick and the team at Timberline Landscaping. Our wholesale focus enables us to keep quality high and wait times low. With nearly 40 years in the landscape and trucking industry, you can count on the Rock N’ Roll team to provide quality and consistently sourced wholesale landscaping supplies at competitive prices.
Primary Operational Objectives:
The Truck Driver’s primary objective is to deliver or haul landscape materials to various job sites. The Truck Driver is required to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle providing excellent service to customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Both Semi & Tandem Drivers
- Responsible for delivering/hauling products safely and efficiently.
- Properly operates trucks according to the manufacturers recommended guidelines.
- Communicates to dispatch any service interruptions including closed or impassable roadways, accidents or hazards.
- Works closely with Dispatcher to improve route efficiencies.
- Follows route assignments as directed.
- Properly maintains equipment by conducting pre-trip and post-trip inspections and mechanical write-ups.
- Reports any accidents, incidents or injuries to Transportation Manager immediately.
- Application of ice melt in storms throughout the winter months.
- Experience driving tandem axle dump trucks.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License-Class A (issued by resident state).
- Must have at least two (2) years of verifiable experience operating Class A Commercial Vehicles.
- Proven safe and responsible driving record.
- Must pass background check consisting of criminal record and pre-employment drug screening and alcohol test.
- Demonstrate dependability and efficient work practices. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Good listening skills and ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work in and promote a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write English. Bilingual in Spanish, highly desirable.
- Perform all duties in a safe and productive manner.
- Ensure adherence to operational policies, procedures to achieve safety objectives.
- Must be willing to do things outside of your job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to lift to up to 50 lbs. (use of lifting equipment or 2-person lift over 50lbs.)
- Frequent bending, twisting, reaching, crawling, stretching and standing.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot and cold temperatures.
Wage & Benefits:
- Position Title: Truck Driver
- Position Reports to: Material/Transportation Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Experience: 2+ years of verifiable experience (preferred landscape materials)
- Career Level: Non-manager (non-exempt)
- Education: High school diploma/GED preferred or equivalent and relevant job experience
- Salary: Hourly wage, $20 – $25 per hour DOE
- Job Type: Part Time
- Benefits: (Per company eligibility)